You will learn how to do research using library databases and demonstrate literacy skills by producing university caliber documents.
|In a correctly formatted three to five-page , single spaced, APA report, describe your chosen profession’s credentials and norms in detail, summarize the case you found that had to do with your profession, and report the long- and short-term impact of this problem on both the profession and the company involved.|
Peer Edit Activity:
In-person: Post a copy of your complete written report draft (including References page) to the correct discussion board on Canvas by class time. Peer edits is a component of the individual report.
Virtually: Students will be broken up into random groups of 3. Each student is expected to do a “screen share” of their document to receive feedback during the break out session. Using the annotation feature for those giving feedback, or the chat box is encouraged.
The student editing process will provide each student an opportunity to receive feedback.
This assignment is twofold.
1. Each student will study their proposed profession. Research the customary credentials needed to attain professional status (ex: degrees, exams, etc.). Find the professional organization(s) associated with this field of work. Examine the laws or governing bodies associated with the profession.
2. Identify a case in which someone transgressed the norms of the profession and caused a problem within their company. For example, accounting fraud at Enron (you can’t use this one). Discuss what important aspects of the profession were impacted by this case. Were laws or credentialing changed due to the outcome of this case?
1. Use at least five reputable sources. Blogs and wikis are not appropriate. Keep track of your sources: cite them in the text and list them in your References. Incorrect attribution causes a substantial reduction in your report grade. The references must be as current as possible given the company you highlight in your report.
2. Must use APA format.
3. The text of the report should be single-spaced, font 12pt, Arial or Times New Roman, 1-inch margins, 3-5 pages long (the References page and Cover Page do not count as text of the report).
4. Use titles for each section.
5. Proofread carefully and SPELLCHECK.
6. You will not receive credit for the assignment if not formatted correctly. Only acceptably formatted documents will be graded: pdf, doc, docx. All other formats cannot be opened and will receive an automatic zero.
See The Business Writer’s Handbook for assistance on APA guidelines.
Objectives: In your analysis, show me you can…
· Demonstrate information competence through library database research.
· Produce a university caliber, well designed, organized and articulate document, and demonstrate literacy skills.
I will grade this assignment for thoroughness, accuracy, and clarity of content, and professional presentation using the CLASS rubric. Read the syllabus and the university catalog for a description of plagiarism and cheating. If you aren’t sure what plagiarism is, please ask me or go to http://library.fullerton.edu, click on Reference and Instruction.