Contemporary HR Issues PPt Presentation
1. An internal review meeting is the opportunity to present your organizational design recommendations to colleagues before presenting them to your client. Your presentation will be focused on phase 5 (see p. 18).
2. Prepare the presentation for the internal review meeting in advance and take into consideration that your colleagues do not know about your client organization, its strategy or environment. Provide enough description so your colleagues can offer effective feedback.
3. Based on your Information Gathering, create a SWOT analysis. Add a HR So That Statement that links to the capabilities of the organization and includes Who, What and Why of the HR function
4. Try to limit sentences to five to eight words. Decide what the key messages are and reiterate those messages. Be sure your presentation pieces align. For example, your design recommendation should be consistent with the strategy and environmental issues you present.
Use the note section of the power point for full details. PPT slides should be short sentences.
****This presentation is based on Amazon******
Use APA Formatting on all slides and notes section as well as create a Title and reference page.
Times New Roman 12 pt font
Please review assignment below, as well as the case study in the other attachment.
PLEASE VIEW PREVIOUS ASSIGNMENT TO HELP GATHER INFORMATION:
Strategic mission and goals of client organization
Amazon’s mission statement is “We strive to offer our customers the lowest possible prices, the best available selection and the utmost convenience” (Gregory, 2018). The corporate vision is “to be Earth’s most customer-centric company, where customers can find and discover anything they might want to buy online” (Gregory, 2018). The mission and goals provide the organization with action which focuses more on the future condition of the business organization. Amazon goal is to focus on high quality services and effective services to its customers.
Strategic gap related to client’s current organization design
All a customer needs are to have a superior client experience. This involves having good service, good prices and a good product. The connection that is created by the organization is what through the use of elements along with emotions, differentiation and personalization. There is a big difference between what organizations produce and what people want. The widening gulf creates distrust and dissatisfaction and business disloyalty.
Strategic goals of recommended organization redesign
Strategies to improve the effectiveness of the organization include:
· Focuses on growth and education.
· Keep customers in mind
· Work on quality products and services
· Use technology
Making better use of human resources.
recommended model for client organization
The eSourcing Capability Model is the best model for amazon because it acts as a guide for sourcing organizations to manage and reduce their risks and improve their capabilities across the entire sourcing life-cycle (Mukherji & Chatterjee, 2013. Because Amazon works with many outsourcing organizations, the eSourcing Capability Model will help improve performance, access better technology and faster turnaround of critical information, while improving processes and lowering costs (Mukherji & Chatterjee, 2013).
Why are other models not appropriate?
The e sourcing capability has been designed to complement the quality of the existing models and framework source. The other models are not appropriate because they do not directly emphasize the relationship between the organization and its customers unlike the eSourcing Capability
What are the risks associated with your recommended model?
At time the services might be very difficult like IT hosting, IT outsourcing, application development and maintaining the outsourcing network.
Internal Review Meeting Preparation Form
Key descriptive points about your client organization
1. Online company that deals with millions of books, games, music, movies, other item like accessories, electronics and apparel, auto parts, home furnishings, toys health and beauty aids, and groceries, and contributes almost two-thirds of sales.
2. The company offers such services and products as hosting, online advertising, e-commerce platform, a co-branded patented credit card and self-publishing (Euromonitor International, 2013).
3. Amazon.com is the largest internet retail store in the world (Forbes, 2013).
Key points about your client organization’s strategy
1. Market development – Achieved this through global expansion into the countries with thriving e-commerce (Amazon, 2018).
2. Diversification – Where strategy development occurs beyond current markets and products, but within its value or capabilities network (Forbes, 2013).
3. Product development – including the Kindle Fire. Amazon finds innovation to be part of the “customer-centric” part of their mission (Amazon, 2018)
Other key points about your client organization
1. Amazon has attained new business capabilities, products, skills, services and assets and can now offer cloud services (Euromonitor International, 2013).
2. Efficient distribution and logistics – Amazon’s warehouses are geographically spread to help the goods be dispatched at lower cost and faster (Forbes, 2013).
3. IT skills – It has helped Amazon offer the largest online product range (Forbes, 2013).
Your recommendation and how the recommendation links to strategy
1. Online payment system
2. Release more Amazon branded products and services
3. More online stores
Key points supporting your recommendation
1. Finding a better solution similar to eBay’s PayPal would help eliminate customers putting in their personal details and a better long-term use for mobile purchasers.
2. With such a large market share, Amazon could highly benefit from more of its own brand services and products.
3. Through more online stores large and growing economies in Europe, Asia and Africa Amazon could be able to sustain its current growth levels.