Which demographic factors are related to symptoms of depression in 2018?
Research Project Template
Your research project must include:
- Title page:
- Title of your research
- Names of contributing authors- all members of your team that contributed to the paper
- Course name/semester
- B) Abstract: (not more than 300 words)
- Background: Include 1 – 3 sentences about the importance of the issue you study and the importance of the research question. Also, state the precise objective or study question
State the precise objective or study question
- Methods: State your study design -case-control study, cross-sectional study, etc. Setting/Participants: Describe the population that you study and the settings- you can use the information provided for your data source (it should describe the source of the data). Data analysis: describe the type of analysis you conducted.
- Results: Describe a short summary of your findings
- Conclusion: 2 sentences on what you concluded from the research.
- Implications: for policy/practice: How can your findings help inform policy and practice?
- C) Introduction:Should include a description of the issue you research (problem description and significance, purpose statement, research questions, state your hypothesis- (your assumption about the relationship between the outcome and the exposure) (1-2 pages)
- D) Literature Review: A review of relevant literature is the third step and is of great significance. The literature review helps relate the proposed study to the larger ongoing discourse in the literature about your topic, understand the gaps in the existing literature. The literature review is neither a chronological summary of related works nor a mere catalog of previous studies published in the field. A literature review is a well-organized critical appreciation of related and relevant literature conceptually integrated within the logic of the proposed investigation. The student should show whether other researchers have studied the same or similar problems before, from what perspectives have these studies been conducted, and whether these researches have been theoretically or empirically adequate. (2-3 pages)
- E) Methods: (describe your research design, data source, settings, data analysis methods, and ethical considerations)
- F) Results: Describe the results of your analyses. Your report should include any measures of associations, proportions, percentages, and measures of associations -rate ratio, odds ratios, and risk ratio. Must include tables of your data and charts (at least 3)
Number your tables and figures sequentially. If you have two tables- Table1, Table 2 etc. Same for figures. Tables and Figures must have a title that describes what it presents.
- G) Discussion: Discuss your results and compared it to similar studies in the past- if there are similar or not. Discuss the limitations- what you could have done to improve the results, things you omit (1-2 pages)
- H) Conclusion: Short take away from the study- summary of your findings (1 paragraph)
- I) Implication for policy and practice: How does this research improve policy decisions or practice of healthcare? (1 paragraph)
References (at least 10) Make sure your reference citation in the text and in reference list conform to APA format