Order Gerontology Proposal Paper
Mr. Salim is an old man who lives in a small village away from the city. He used to work on the farm that he owns. He has been suffering from arthritis. Currently,
I live in my father’s house that is very close to my grandfather; Mr. Salim. The interview will be about his life status and how he has been handling it. Also, I will go over the causes, challenges, and recovery. Furthermore, I will discuss how the disease altered his life in all its aspect.
Mr. Salim is sixty-seven years old. He is my grandfather from my mother’s side. When we were a small family, we used to live with him. He is average tall, of the medium body, and takes care of himself very well. However, recently he has been moving around using a stick to help him stand up and for a long walk. This is due to his bones joints and his advanced age is a factor for that.
First, the interview’s place and time will be discussed with him in advance so he can be prepared for it. After the preparation period, the interview will be on two different days, so I do not make him sit in one place for a long time. The first day of the week and on the second of the week as well. He has his own sitting area on the farm that he prepared by himself a long time ago where the interview will take place. The particular time of the meeting will be 4 PM in the afternoon because one of his habits is to sit outdoor at this time.
I chose my grandfather because of his life stories and his old lifestyle that he used to tell me and because I used to see him take care of his farm very well. He used to be strong and exercise a lot but all over sudden at the age of forty-five he fell some pain in his legs joints and he could not regain his full strength, even though he was trying to take care of his health by working out and eating healthy food. As a result of this, I wanted to know the cause of his sickness, the medication and how his life transformed after in a sudden action. Whenever I look at him, I always wondered how he could be in normal life without the pain striking him.
From this, the assignment level is very comfortable. I have always been interested to know what happen to my grandfather. Despite this, he is loving and accepted himself which also made me comfortable to choose him for the assignment. Besides, being used to him and I like talking with him about life situations.
To the completion of the assignment, I am looking forward to knowing the cause of him disability, treatment, and the preventable measures to the other generations. From this, the interview theory that I can see and discuss is the biology of the aging theory. This is because it deals with the human body together with the damages and how it is programmed.
1. How was your life before the illness?
2. What were the activities that you liked doing regularly?
3. What happened before you feel sick?
4. How did the sickness start?
5. Are you being bullied?
6. How do you explain the illness and all you are suffering from your friends and relatives?
7. Do you feel intimidated or undermined whenever you are asked or questioned about the disease?
8. Do you feel different from others?
9. What is the hardest part of having a disability and staying with the illness?
10. How do you view yourself? And what is your plans for the future?
11. How differently are different people treating you in different situations whenever their help is needed or when they pay a visit?
12. Did you enjoy your healthy life or you wish you were like normal people?
13. How are the medication expenses, do you feel burned?
14. How is the experience of taking the medication every day?
15. How did you cope to stay with the illness for this long without showing the signs of giving up in life?
16. Was the sickness preventable or it just comes without any preventable measures? If it was preventable, what did you do to prevent it, and what happened so that it stroke you down