PSYC 4180 Adulthood and Aging
Writing Assignment 2
Due at 11:59 pm on Thursday, October 15th
Before you start working on your assignment, please Watch the PBS documentary, “Alzheimer’s: Every Minute Counts”, on Alzheimer ’s disease (AD). The link for the documentary is below.
2- Read Mausbach et al.’s (2014) article. Please download the article from the Writing Assignments folder in D2L.
In your paper please answer the following questions based on Maucbach et al.’s (2014) article and the PBS documentary.
• Based on the documentary please briefly explain changes that persons with AD go through regarding their cognitive wellbeing? (15 points)
• Both in the documentary and the article challenges faced by caregivers were discussed. Please briefly explain how caregivers perceive this situation by giving examples from the documentary and the article (10 points)
• Did anything in this documentary surprise you? If so, what? Why was it surprising? If not, why not?(15 points)
• Did anything in this article surprise you? Why? (15 points)
• How is the information provided in the documentary and the article relevant to material covered in our class? (15 points)
• Based on the information provided in the article and the documentary explain which future research directions should be pursued to better our understanding of AD. (10 points)
• Based on the documentary and the article come up with suggestions to improve quality of life of persons with AD and their caregivers. (15 points)
Format: The assignment should be typed and double spaced, 2 to 3 pages in length using Times New Roman font on 8½ x 11 inch paper, with left and right margins of 1¼ inches and top and bottom margins of 1 inch. (These are standard margins on Microsoft Word.)
Grading: This assignment is worth 100 points. In grading this assignment, 5 points are for clarity, grammar, and spelling. As a general rule, excellent papers will receive 90-100 points. These papers may have very minor organizational and grammatical problems, but will be clear and concise in describing the relevant information. Poor papers will have major organizational, structural, and grammatical problems and be incomplete or contain irrelevant information.
Late Submissions: There will be a 5% grade reduction for each day the assignment is late. Papers will not be accepted if submitted 3 days after the due date