1. Please write a few lines about chapter six. Tell me what stood out to you, and any thoughts/personal reflections you have on the content. 5-7 sentences is the expected length.
2. You have two options for this assignment (CHOOSE ONE):
1. “LEARN” Investigate into a topic that you know nothing (or close to nothing) about. It can be a religion, a historical event, how something is made, a geographic phenomenon, etc. Study it. Use the web, books, magazines, or any other source you have access to to learn more about the subject. After you feel that you’ve exhausted your research, write a one-page, single-spaced summary of the topic that you now know about.
2. “DO” Actually put your hands (and brain) to work, and try something new! Try a recipe with ingredients or techniques that you’ve never used, build something, take a fitness class you’ve never tried before (zumba, jiu jitsu, spinning, tae kwon doe, etc), learn how to make icing flowers and decorate a cake…physically try to do something you’ve never done before. After you’ve tried (and succeeded!), write a one-page, single-spaced summary of the new skill you’ve acquired. Also, include a picture of your finished product, or you in action.
Just think, if we each tackled a new topic/idea/skill even just once a week, how quickly we would become versed in a wealth of areas. With all of this knew knowledge, new ideas and fresh ways of thinking aren’t far behind!
What to turn in: submit a one-page, single-spaced, typed summary on canvas (for whichever choice you choose…”do” or “learn.”)
3. most of us have music preferences and music comfort zones. of course we prefer to listen to what we like! but, every once in a while, it might be an interesting twist to listen to music we DON’T like, and a genre of music we don’t really know much about.
for this assignment, you have 2 tasks:
1. listen to 10-15 minutes of a genre of music that you DON’T like. really listen. identify how it makes you feel, what it makes you think of and reasons why you don’t prefer the music. write a 1/2 paged single-spaced reflection on the music. don’t forget to tell me what music it is!
2. listen to 10-15 of one of the types of music listed in the wikipedia link below. just looking at the list of genres and sub genres is amazing! who knew there were SO many?! just as before write a 1/2 paged single-spaced reflection on the music, detailing how it makes you feel, what it makes you think of and whether or not you like it! don’t forget to tell me what music it is!
4. Complete the Caffeine for the Creative Mind Challenges.